Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I am Back!!!!

It’s been a long time that I have posted anything here. There are a variety of reasons for that. But honestly the reasons are irrelevant. But I can definitely say one thing I have been working out and have gotten stronger and definitely wiser than before.

Over the past year (for people paying attention my last post was in the month of June 2009) I have continues working out. I have worked really hard and have honed my technique to a point where I can safely guide others on the rights and wrongs of working out. My knowledge of nutrition and supplements has also increased many folds. I can now safely put my money where my mouth is.

Currently I am working on an important project. A very dear friend of mine had decided that he needs to make improvements in his physique and has asked me to guide him along. He has already taken advice from me regarding working out and nutrition and with the inputs I have given him and a whole lot of hard work from his part he has made stunning improvements in a short period of time.

As with any achievement he found a great deal of satisfaction in achieving g his goal. But he came to a point where he needed something to look forward to. He needed a new goal. I guess he found one.

It’s been almost 2 months that we have been working out together and there have been steady improvements in his physique and also in his lifting capacity. The diligence he has shown has also inspired another very good friend of ours to become a regular at the gym.

This project is quite a challenge for me. So far I have been my own teacher and student. Now with me advising another person, the challenges for me have increased. From my own perspective I know my limits and know how much I can push myself. But the minute another person comes into picture the complexity increases. I have to be very wary of how I chart my “projects” (hence forward I shall refer to my friend as my “project”. He knows my reasons) progress.

This is also a very interesting test of my accumulated knowledge and experience. I have been through all the typical phases one goes through while working out, the tentative beginning, the arrogant phase (where vanity takes over), the phase where reality hits you and the phase where you are at peace with yourself i.e. you work-out within yourself. I am at that phase, the phase where my workouts are for me and me alone.

I mention this purely because I am at the point where I will realize what I have gained in the 10 odd years of working out. My friend is going to be a gauge for my efforts. So dear “project” the onus is on you now to make me look good.

As has been my style, I will end this post with something really cool that I came across while surfing around,

"A total commitment is paramount to reaching the ultimate in performance."

2 comments:

Cynics Twist said...

Completely agree with the last statement. The harder you work, the better you get at it (be it anything), and especially true of building a good physique.

Neehar said...

Its good to see you back to blogging...and on a topic that is one of our favourites :)