Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 28, 2010

The "Project"

Its been a while since my last post. The reason is simple, I have been really busy on a very important "Project". Before all of you go thinking that I am going to rant about my work and how much heartburn it causes me, STOP. Its nothing of that sort.

My "Project" is a venture me and a very very close friend of mine have begun. Its been almost 5 months (closing in on 6 actually) that we began. The objective of this "Project" is transformation.

All of us at some level hate how we look. There is a never ending quest for perfection that all of seek at some level. Some of us keep at it and get there, while some get way-laid and give up. But there is always that latent desire to change. My friend ("The Cynic" from here on) is one such person.

The Cynic faced the same problems that all of us having a bad lifestyle face. I will not list them out here but all of us know. The other problem he faced was with goals. I have already said this we can start but few of us really go through with things purely for want of a goal, a "lakshya". There was one thing The Cynic had that set him apart from the crowd, a dogged determination almost bordering on fanaticism. That helped him lose a ton of weight and that is what is getting him through now.

The "Project" is also a great learning for me, it has given me a clear picture of how much I know, and how much I don't. I have realized the fact that it is easy to experiment on your self, but when the experiment is on someone else things are well.. different. Motivating some one, pushing them, knowing their limitations and working with those. The list is endless.

I am very superstitious (like most people of my ilk are) and hence don't want to jinx something that I would say is progressing really well. Let me just say that when we are done with The Cynic everyone will take notice !!

No comments: