Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 31, 2010

The Glorious Decade

I just realized something the other day. Its been exactly 10 years since I have begun working out. 10 whole years. It makes me proud to say that I still have the same enthusiasm that I had towards working out that I had 10 years ago. My reasons for working out have varied over the years but the drive has not. I guess I have been fortunate to find it in me every single day to keep going to the gym and hit the weights as hard as I can.

I began like a lot of people do, I wanted to lose weight. Badly. I spent long hours working out, doing cardio and god alone knows what to lose the weight I had gained. I guess I was really lucky to have a great set of teachers who believe in the old school way to lose weight. I am not going to debate what is a better way to lose weight, but I know what works for me. I began working out in a hole in the wall kind of a gym, moved to a couple of fancy gyms before settling on my current gym where I have been working out for the past 5 years.

Over the past decade I also had a wonderful set of partners who have all become really good friends, guess what they say is true, bonds forged in steel, remains the strongest bonds of them all.

Lifting weights (sometimes a lot of it) has also taught me discipline, and how to constantly push the limits. Always trying for that 1 extra rep has helped me learn that I must keep changing, I must keep evolving, I must keep getting better. It has made me a lot calmer and has given me my own space.

I am now one with the weights and will strive to keep at it for as long as I possibly can. Thanks to all who have been a part of my journey so far !!!!

3 comments:

Cynics Twist said...

MAAARVELOUS LIFTING.....AFTER A LOOONG DISTANCE!

Unknown said...

way to go sandy. You took it to next step of being there, done that phase. you MAINTAINED.

Keep pushing....

Neehar said...

Well written blog. Keep pushing, keep lifting, keep growing!!